Saturday, September 25, 2010

Arts & Craft Fair and the Whoopie Pie Festival!

Last weekend we went to the annual Whoopie Pie Festival in Strasburg, PA. What a day! :-) Jane and our friend, Sherry Clippenger set up a booth in the arts and crafts area there, and we all hung out together for the day. It was a gorgeous day and a fun time spent with good friends. :-)

The Whoopie Pie events kept us laughing and eating throughout the day....

Setting up - as you can see, I'm doing some last minute price tags and labels!
Sherry Clippenger does AMAZING quilted wall hangings. love, LOVE her turles and flowers! soooo creative. :-) And, in this photo you can see Erik's wooden teethers - sealed with beeswax. They were a hit and too cute to pass up!
I made a few clutches to see if they would sell...one happy customer, anyway. maybe the next show they will be more popular...??
Sherry and I had fun putting together our "tree" to hang our ornaments. Wax molded ornaments by Sherry and cloth birds and houses by Jane.

my cards and a bird's nest tea towel...and Sherry's jazzy turtle!


The completed booth! :-) Isn't it pretty?!the line of vendors
MJ was great during the day...and especially enjoyed her time with Mr. and Mrs. Clippenger (her new best friends!).


And...of course we had to try a few whoopie pies while we were there. wowzers!

pumpkin and cream cheese filling - yummy!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! You should've told me you were doing this!!!! My parents live super close to Strasburg. I could've come! In fact, I lived in Strasburg from age 2-3. :D

    ReplyDelete