Thursday, January 13, 2011

sewing projects

We have internet at home now - horray!! So...I'm still catching up from the end of 2010 - so, this post is from sewing projects I worked on during the month of December. Everything was finished up by Christmas, because several projects were for gifts. :)

This is the purse I made my mom for Christmas.

I can't get enough of this gorgeous material! It's an artist's painting made into fabric - Laura Gunn....and she's working with Michael Miller to print her paintings onto fabric.

One weekend in December I decided we needed some major help in organizing our kitchen. So, Erik and I brainstormed and this idea evolved - a door organizer, as well as a way to hide the ugly back of our hanging ironing board. Ta-duh!!
It was fun to use what materials we had on hand and re-purpose materials as we went along. Yes - those are jean pockets from Erik's old jeans!! And...we have a place mat cut in half for the pockets (a 2nd re-purposing project, actually because I had first used the place mat to fashion a pillow for our living room rocking chair)

As you can see by this photo, it can also be used as a large apron! ;)

I worked on a "petal" shirt for my sister for Christmas. A take-off of a j.crew shirt I've admired...it was a lot easier than I had imagined and very fun to see the final result. :) I think the cool blue will look lovely on my sister. Hope you like it, Amy!

1 comment: