Monday, March 7, 2011

Daddy and MJ in the sunshine


It's about time that Daddy wrote a blog post. Jane has been doing excellent work at keeping up with things, but I certainly need to add my perspective once in a while.

So, as one might expect, Meredith is growing fast and furious in many ways. I can say most confidently - now that we are almost upon a year - that there are many advantages to leading a "simple" life at home. Taking the time to be with my daughter is precious and sweet. It is only through sharing moments with her that I notice subtle things. The monumental achievements of development are obvious, but it is hard to catch small, elusive things that suggest the deeper maturing of her individuality, personality, and expression.

Today was one of those days where I was reminded that there is nothing I'd rather be doing when I find myself with her. And I saw things that showed the wide range of characteristics that MJ is already exhibiting. Here are just a few...(photo credits to Jane)

I love this look of amazement as MJ is enthralled with what is happening behind the camera.

This photo captures the depth of her eyes and shows a glimpse of her moving from "baby face" into a little girl.

but she can still be shy... :)

chilled out and carefree.

the tickles are really starting to come.

This picture makes me think of the many "daddy-dates" we will have together as she grows up.

and this photo - this is who Meredith is...period.

3 comments:

  1. these are SO great! What special times as a family with such a cutie. I agree, that one shot it seems like we are getting a 'glimpse' of a little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jim and Julianna! We love all the photos you've been putting up of Gemma too. Such special times with little girls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't handle the last heart melting picture and caption! Too sweet!! I keep coming back to see her warm little smile. :)

    ReplyDelete