Sunday, July 15, 2012

Rainy Day Saturday

(The rare post by Daddy.)

After my plans for a daddy-daughter date were thwarted by rain this Saturday (though I was still happy since it gave our tomatoes a good drink), I decided not to let that keep me from having some quality time with Mer with some rainy day activities.  

After building a tent in our living room, we spent a couple hours bringing her stuffed animals (all of whom she has now named - using the names of her toddler friends) into the tent, reading Curious George, and having a lot of laughs.



This was followed by a painting session before lunch.  After doing one each by ourselves, we collaborated on another (seen below).  MJ loves feeling the paint in her hands and smearing it across the paper (and her nose!). 


I feel as if her hands are as much a work of art as the picture we drew!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment